Thursday, March 06, 2008

Recap

I’ve never been good at keeping a diary or a journal and it appears this whole blogging thing ain’t much different. So here’s what’s been going on since I last posted, October 2007

School
I carried a full load during the Fall semester of 2007, 5 classes, for a total of 15 units. I got 3 A’s and 2 B’s and continue to do the cabbage in celebration of my good grades. Did I mention I was also working fulltime while busting my non-existence ass for those grades?

Home
I found a new apartment, in the Lake Merritt area, near the end of December. I finally got fed up with my ghetto neighbors at my old apartment in the Fruitvale district. Apparently that chick, who was always yelling at her poor child, didn’t live in the apartment next to me. She lived in a downstairs apartment! For her to be yelling that loud to the point where I could make out every curse word, and not be living right next door, was sad and appalling.

I’m still trying to decide on my new Lake Merritt apartment. I love that I’m so close to the Lake and it’s going to be awesome once the weather warms up, but I’m not quite sure about the apartment itself. The property management company damn near asked for everything except my DNA when I submitted my application, but I quickly realized the apartment doesn’t quite live up to standards. For starters, there was the light issue in the bathroom on my very first night. I’m no rocket scientist but I’m pretty sure water in an electrical outlet is not a good idea. The light bulb blew out and when I went to change the light I discovered that the light fixture was full of water. It was coming from the dude upstairs (who I will discuss later). That was issue one.

Second issue happened just a few weeks ago. I left my apartment at 11am, I got back at 12:25pm. An hour and 25 minutes. The kitchen sink somehow mysteriously backed up and a good chunk of the carpet was soaked through. I still haven’t been able to figure that one out.

Third issue. My upstairs neighbor. I don’t know about you, but I usually tend to be asleep at 3 in the morning. Why is this old man making so much noise? Who the hell is hammering at 3 in the morning? And how thin do walls have to be to actually be able to hear old dude snoring. SNORING!!!! I can hear him snoring...when he’s not building whatever it is it sounds like he’s building.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be apartment hunting again when the semester is over. I want to stay back the lake though. Hell if I can find another apartment on the same damn street that would be great!!

Love/Sex Life
Sex? Uh…what’s that? You think I was trying to get permission to perform brain surgery. I’m just trying to get laid with no luck. Whoever said it was easier for women to get laid than men must have been talking about straight women. I’m convinced that there are no normal, sexually secure, sane, regular women of color left in the Bay Area.

::SIGH::

-Strange ((^_~))

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hintergrundbilder

koig i " wb 11