Thursday, March 06, 2008

My Jesus Year

Today marks the anniversary of my 33rd year on this planet. They call your 33rd year your Jesus year. It's the year where you either get off your ass and do something with your life or just forget about it.

I started the morning with a headache, followed by damn near crying a good portion of the morning while sitting at my desk at work, to feeling so so for the rest of the day. By the time I left work, my allergies had started to act up, but I was feeling a bit better. I went out to dinner with my best friend, the Cranky Librarian, and my ex-wife, Shawty Le Red. Overall it today was a good day.

I think I was missing my mother today. Birthday’s have never really matter too much since she died almost 8 years ago. It’s hard to believe it’s been 8 years. I recognize how much I’ve changed, but how I’ve stayed stagnant at the same time. I’m now 33 and I’m nowhere where I thought I would be 8 years ago. I still have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing with my life. I’m just kind of existing, working at a job that I’m bored with and is giving me carpal tunnel (the excessive masturbation problem doesn’t help either), and just not really enjoying life.

So, here in my Jesus year (the year to do or die) these are my goals:

1. Find a job that I enjoy and that pays me an adult wage.
2. Get back into my writing. I have all these ideas, characters, and scenarios in my head.
3. Stop living in my head and daydreaming so much.
4. Finally start that T-shirt/bumpersticker business I’ve been wanting to do for years
5. Get laid…by someone other than myself.
6. Drop some of the pounds cause my stomach should not be bigger than my boobs... and I’ve got big boobs. The Cranky Librarian describes them as pendulous.

That’s a pretty good start.

-Strange ((^_~))

0 comments: