Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's May-do you know where your masturbation is?

M is for May
M is for Multiple Orgasms
M is for Masturbation.

I know the month is almost over, but in case you didn’t know, May is National Masturbation Month. I’m not sure about the rest of y’all, but I’m a patriotic kinda gal and make sure I celebrate a few times a week for every week of the month.

Masturbation is one of those things that almost all of us do, but many of us can’t actually bring ourselves to come out and say so. I'm going to be the first to come right out and say it.

I'm Strange and I'm a proud masturbater.


We’ve been taught to believe that to touch ourselves in a sexual way is immoral, dirty, and just plain old gross. We been trained to believe that the only way for us to receive sexual gratification is within the confines of heterosexual relationship, preferably in a marriage. We been fed the idea that if you touch yourself "down there" you run the risk of desensitizing yourself to physical stimulation. I’m here to tell you, it’s not. When we embrace masturbation as a healthy part of our sexual lives, we free ourselves from thousands of years of societal dogma that has sought to control our pleasure.

If I’m being completely honest, I’ll have to admit being a little distrustful of anyone who claims to not masturbate. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s judgy and all, but I have to wonder how uncomfortable with their body is a person who doesn’t partake in a little self love from time to time. It’s perfectly safe, healthy, and normal (whatever that is). Think of it this way, at least you know the person you’re with will have the decency to call you the next day. If you don’t call the next day, you might want to talk to a therapist about your communications skill with yourself. I’m just saying.

Reasons to masturbate:
  • It feels good
  • No risk of STIs/STDs (sexually transmitted infections/sexually transmitted disease)
  • You don’t have to buy dinner to get yourself in the sack.
  • Alleviate headaches. Trust me on this one. Trust.
  • It feels good
  • No risk of unwanted pregnancy
  • Discover how you like to be touched, loved, fucked. Increase your sexual awareness.
  • Being comfortable with your body means being more comfortable with a partner.
  • Just because you want to
  • It really feels good.
Reasons you shouldn't masturbate:
  • Um...err...uh...I can't think of any

Suggested reading
:
Getting Off: A Woman’s Guide to Masturbation- Jamye Waxman
Sex for One- Betty Dodson, Ph.D
The Big Book of Masturbation- Martha Cornog
First Person Sexual- Joani Blank


Now go forth and rub one out. Hell, rub a few out.

- Strange ((^_~))

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best advice I've gotten all day! ;-)