Monday, July 13, 2009

When did I become such an old person?

So, I spent last night sleeping on a makeshift bed on the floor. No, I didn't get kicked out of bed (puhleeze, who would ever kick me out) rather my lower back is killing me. It started Saturday night. I spent 2, maybe 3 hours slouched on the couch eating pizza and watching Golden Girls reruns. Some people like to go out and get drunk on Saturday nights, I like to stuff my face with greasy food and watch the wacky adventures of funny old white ladies.

Don't judge me!

Anyhoo, when I got up off the couch this horrible pain shot through me. I figured it was just the muscles stiff from not moving in few hours and the pain would just go away soon. I woke up Sunday still in pain and spent the majority of the day with an icepack wedge in the back of my underwear. Yeah, I know….sexxxy!

I’ve tried Aleve, Excedrin, and was even tempted to take some old pain medication I found in the back of the closet. CraigiePoo convinced me not to. Every time I would try to rest on the bed that just proved to be the equivalent of gnomes just kicking me in the back. Every turn produced some horribly wincing noise. I eventually decided to just try sleeping on the couch hoping the hard surface would help.

It didn’t.

I don’t know how I managed to pull myself up off the floor this morning. Once I was standing…or at least a close approximation to standing I had to call CraigiePoo to come help me. I could barely move my legs. I managed to make it to the bathroom in time.

So now I’m sitting at the table in a hard chair waiting for CraigiePoo to get out of the shower. Looks like I’m going to have to drag myself to store to get some pain medication. I called “Alexis”, but apparently she’s too busy to bring me anything. Something about “I just got to work. I can’t leave. Blah blah blah.”




- Strange ((^_~))

0 comments: