Saturday, June 16, 2007

Death and Resurrection

Biology- the study of life.

So, today I was on lunch period during my biology class. I was sitting at a free desk surfing and chatting with my best friend and future spinster wife, the Cranky Librarian, when i noticed what looked like either a giant fly or a bee buzzing around the window. Normally, I would have just swatted it away, but then I noticed that this FlyBee thingie was on it's last breath. I watched for 2 minutes as it struggled to fly and then fall back down to the window sill. At point it even landed on it's back and I was sure it was dead, but somehow it managed to get up again. It flew up and hung out on the window for a bit, it wings just flapping and there was that sick buzzing sound.

Eventually, the FlyBee couldn't hang anymore and it fell to the window sill and was still. I don't know why I was so fascinated by this creature on its last leg of life. It was actually kind of sad. I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever seen anything or anyone die before. I continued to chat with Cranky, thoroughly disgusting her with my tales of witnessing death.

Just as I was finishing up my lunch, which was no less than 5 minutes later, the FlyBee got up and flew to the top of window. This thing was DEAD, 5 minutes before. Dead as a 100 year old corpse. Dead as my barely a year old marriage. It was dead

There's no real point to this story, just thought I'd share. I'm sure there is some kinda philosophical, overly intellectual meaning to this. I just don't know what it is.

-Strange ((^_~))

0 comments: