I don’t know what’s been going on the last few weeks, but for the first time in damn near 10 years I’m feeling inspired to get back into pursuing my creative arts. For those you who don’t know, yours truly is a published author. I’ve had at least 3 stories published in various lesbian erotica anthologies. Yes, dears, your girl's a smut peddler and quite proud! You can check them out here, here , and here.
I used to write all the time and loved it. I would daydream about writing and directing films. Somewhere along the way, those dreams got pushed further and further to the back of my brain. I think it coincided with my entering the work world full time.
Before I was a full fledge adult working full time, I would spend hours at the library roaming the stacks or riding back and forth on BART just writing away in my notebook. I completed my first (and to date only) feature length screenplay in a few months just riding BART. I would start at which every station I was closest to, ride to the end of the line, and ride all the way back to the end of the other line. It was amazing.
Now, all these years later I look at my life and I realized I’m not happy (work wise) and more importantly completely unfilled when it comes to my work life and career. I really don’t have a career. I have a job. I don’t want that anymore. I need to focus on where my real talents lie and get off my flat ass and start pursuing them hard. I’ve decided that if I’m going to be making next no money it should be doing something that I don’t mind waking up at dark o’clock in the morning for.
So, here are my goals for the upcoming year:.
1. Write- from now until the end of the year (which is about 9 weeks) I’m determined to write at least 250 words a day. That equals hovers around half a page singled space or a full page double spaced. Being a Pisces, I'm big on the daydreaming and I recently realized that my daydreams would make really interesting tales. After the start of the new year, I’ll look into increasing the 250 word count.
2. Update this damn blog more than once every few months. I always complain when I go to blogs that haven’t been update in 2 years. I’m aiming for new blog postings at least 3 times a week for now.
3. Take a film/video class. I did take about a year's worth of classes at City College of San Francisco back in the late nineties. I have a rudimentary knowledge of the process. I still got dreams of writing/directing films. Hollywood is in desperate need of new ideas these days. How many more damn remakes can I see being advertised?
4. Now that the first part of college education is coming to a close, I’ll be able to focus on pursuing my other career goal of being a Sexual Health Educator. I’ll be looking into applying to some programs to get that foundational education.
5. I’ve really gotten into listening to podcasts over the past few months. I’m in the mental stages of planning my own podcast. I got random shit I like to talk about why not share with the rest of the world. I’m also really loving video podcasts and having been searching around for a decent camcorder.
What are your goals for the upcoming year? Please share.